Pages

Work-a-holic

I prefer to do a good job at work.  I would consider myself an overachiever.  I may not be the best of the best at everything.  I may not be the smartest; I may not be the most creative.  I try to make up for it with the effort I put into my work.  Sometimes all that effort to do a great job can consume me and I become a work-a-holic.  It's good to do a great job at work but you have to balance it with life.  You can't give your all to work and nothing to the rest of your life.  Your relationships can and will suffer.  Some people realize this and put off starting relationships until they have achieved their work goals or achieved success.  The problem is you can't control when and where you find love.  I don't know the reason why people become workaholics.  It can vary depending on the person and their circumstances.  For me, sometimes I dive deeper into work because I'm hiding from other problems in my life.  Sometimes I'm just motivated to be the best me I can be.  Regardless of the reason, you still have to keep it in moderation.  You can't just live to work.  What happens if you no longer have that job?  You have to live for you and find your happiness in life.  Work hard, play harder.  Be a great worker but don't take it to far.  Life is short so you have to enjoy the time you can spend with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment