Pages

Inevitable Change

Change happens...this is simple, but very true.  We can change our jobs or careers.  We can change our cars.  I'm not changing my car yet even with it's half hanging bumper.  We can change how we dress and even how we think.  These are just a few examples of change.  I think the largest change is the growth of a person.  Sometimes this happens quickly; for some people, it takes longer.  I can remember days that all I cared about was partying.  I didn't have a lot of money but I would gladly spend it on clubs and alcohol.  I thought the world was mine.  So young, so naive.  It was a happy time because I could do whatever I wanted but I was irresponsible.  When I was younger, I didn't make the wisest decisions and whenever alcohol was involved, my smart decisions plummeted.  Today, I try to be wiser.  I still consume alcohol but in moderation.  I'm just talking about me...I'm not telling anyone what they should or should not do.  My goal is not to lecture anyone, just to share my experiences.  Everyone should live their own lives and make their own mistakes.  The key is learning from those mistakes.  I kind of drifted a little.  Now, I perceive myself as more responsible with my decisions and my actions.  I'm not perfect so I may have a lapse or two in judgment but this is still far fewer than I had at a younger age.  I like to look back (not too far, only about 10 years) and reflect on the differences.  I like to talk to younger people and see the person they are now and imagine the person they will be in the future.  To wrap up, change happens to everyone.  It's a good thing as long as it's positive.    

1 comment: