Pages

Results of a Procrastinator

Well, let's take a look at how procrastinating played out.  I went to sleep instead of working through the night thinking that I would wake up early enough to allow myself 4 hours to finish my work.  My alarm goes off...I turn it off and lay back down for a few minutes.  Minutes turn into hours.  When I actually get up, I only have 2 hours to do what I planned to do in 4.  So I'm rushing to complete my work.  An hour and a half goes by, then my doorbell rings.  It's my friend/neighbor.  His truck was towed and he needs me to drive him to the place to pick it up.  I thought about the work I needed to do briefly and I said, "Sure, not problem."  He helped me recently when I had problems with my car so I owed him.  Was it at an inconvenient time?  Yes, but that's what friends are for.  A good friend is there when you need them.  Okay, how does the story end?  I completed my work on time, finishing some of it 1 minute prior to the deadline.  So things worked out in the end, but if I had planned better, I would have had a lot less stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment