Pages

Procrastination

I'm having one of those weird days.  Sometimes you hear something or you see something on TV and then it happens to you.  Yesterday, I saw a commercial about one of those metal wallets and one of the qualities they stressed was how it was waterproof.  One guy said you can get it wet and that's something you don't want to do with a leather wallet.  I remember thinking I've never gotten my wallet wet in all these years.  Today, I washed my wallet.  Everything is out of it now and I'm trying to dry it.  Well, life goes on.  That still doesn't mean I'm going to buy a metal wallet.  On to the topic, procrastination.  A lot of people put off doing things they really don't want to do.  I'm doing it now.  I should be writing a paper for class but for some reason, I always have writer's block until the deadline gets close.  I'm not advocating procrastination but the truth is, some people perform better under pressure.  With papers, I tend to be more creative as the deadline approaches.  It's funny how I can't write for class but I can write here with no problem.  I've probably gotten used to procrastinating.  I'm trying to plan ahead to avoid the last minute rush.  I'd rather work ahead of schedule and have less stress.  I'm not saying procrastination is good or bad.  It always depends on the situation and the person.  While for some, it just creates unnecessary stress, others can use that stress and create amazing products.

No comments:

Post a Comment