Pages

My Introverted Self!

More than knowing other people, you first have to know yourself.  I, like probably everyone else, am still learning about myself.  Each day, we may test ourselves to find out how much we can achieve.  I like to push myself to reach new heights but at the same time, I have to be mindful of my introverted self.

I am introverted.  It's not something I strive to be...it's part of who I am.  Because of it, I sometimes have trouble in social settings.  I'm not anti-social, not at all.  I once thought I was but now I realize that's not the case.

Recently, I've pushed myself out of my comfort zone.  I've stepped into the spotlight.  I have met new people and I have spoken in large groups.  And I enjoyed it!  It made me excited and it made me want to do more of it.

But...after a lot of social interaction, I began to feel the results on my introverted self.  It was fun until it wasn't.  All of a sudden I was worn out and I needed time to myself.  I felt drained.  I needed to relax and think.

That's when I realized I need to pace myself.  I can't change from introverted to extroverted.  I can push myself to be more social but it is a bit more stressful for me.  If I'm being more social every day, then I'm stressing myself to push myself out of my comfort zone.  Like I said before, it works for a while until it doesn't.

It's most important to learn and understand yourself.  Know your strengths and weaknesses.  It's great to push yourself to be more and to achieve more.  Equally important is to know when to pull back.

I was able to relax and recharge.  Then I was ready to get out of my comfort zone again.  It all started with learning a little more about me and my introverted self.


Other articles you may enjoy:

What You Can Learn From NBA 2K!

Don't Let Anxiety Get the Best of You

Don't Miss It Until It's Gone

No comments:

Post a Comment