Pages

Don't Let Anxiety Get the Best of You


It's been a weird few days for me.  I felt like I have anxiety but I couldn't pinpoint the reason.  At first I was thinking that I couldn't pinpoint the reason because maybe I have spread myself too thin by being involved in so many things.  Then I thought maybe the reason I have anxiety is because I'm involved in so many things.

I've always taken on lots of tasks at work and I've also volunteered a lot.  So what makes this time so different?  I'm not sure.  Maybe it's the additional weight of having a business that rests solely on my shoulders.  I have help but the responsibility is still mine whether it succeeds or fails.

Normally, I don't feel the anxiety because I usually balance out my nervousness and stress with exercise.  For the last month or so, I haven't been able to run and that's my main way to relieve stress.  I usually run until it's gone.  Faster, farther until I feel tired and relaxed.

But now, it's not an option for me.  My mistake is that I didn't have a backup plan.  I relied on running and took it for granted.

Now, my stress levels have gotten higher than expected.  I didn't see it coming.  Now, that anxiety is trying to take over, it's time for some action to combat it.

First, I'm going to take some much needed time off.  I think an extended weekend should be a good start.  Then I'm going to reflect on all the things that I think are causing me stress and look for ways to balance everything better.  Lastly, I'm going to the gym.  Even though I can't run at the moment, I can do other things like weight lifting and riding a stationary bike.  I hope the bikes are ready to handle the stress and anxiety I'm about to release on them.

In closing, I'd just like to say, don't let anxiety or stress get the best of you.  There are lots of ways to relieve it.  You just have to find what works for you.  Once you find methods you enjoy, make sure you have backup options because you never know when one of your stress relief options may not be available.  You are ultimately in control.  It's up to you to recognize it and correct before it's too late!


Other articles you may enjoy:

Don't Miss It Until It's Gone

We All Get Lost Sometimes

Anger Management: Don't Kick The Cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment