Pages

We All Get Lost Sometimes




Today, I drove to a shopping center.  I was having a craving for some Korean food.  I was so focused on getting the food that I parked my car basically in auto-pilot.  I didn't look around to make sure I had a clear picture in my mind of where my car was parked.

I went inside and ordered the food I wanted.  When my order was ready, I grabbed it and left the shopping center.  I walked outside and into the huge parking lot.  While walking I realized I wasn't sure where I parked at.  I knew roughly wear the car was parked in the row but I could not remember which row.  From the row I was currently walking, I didn't know if the car was to the left or the right of me so I walked around confused for a few minutes until I finally found the car.

Now, why am I telling you my silly story about me losing my car?  Because like the title says, we all get lost sometimes.  Maybe you can relate to forgetting where you parked your vehicle or maybe you can't.  I'm sure there are other ways you have gotten lost in your lifetime.

Sometimes we get lost on our way to our goals.  Maybe we didn't clearly define our goals.  This will definitely get you lost.  Or perhaps, we are easily distracted and unfocused.  Then we can get derailed from accomplishing our goals.  There are people in this world right now that are lost.  When you are lost, it can be a very confusing time.  And you may not know what actions to take to fix the situation.

Just as when you're lost and in need of direction, you ask for directions.  Well, hopefully, you do.  I don't always.  I often try to figure it out on my own.  Solving the problem on your own is an option if you're lost in life but it's not the best option.  It's okay to ask for help...and you usually find a quicker resolution.  So the next time, your life feels like a huge parking lot of confusion, remember, it's okay to ask for help.

1 comment: