Pages

Broken Promises

Don't make promises that you can't keep.  That is a good statement but we can't see the future.  How do we know if we will be able to keep that promise?  Have we kept this promise or one similar in the past?  We learn from our past and history repeats.  We also know what is important to us and what lengths we are willing to go for the important things and/or people in our lives.  If you've ever been on the receiving end of a broken promise, you know it's not a favorable situation.  Sometimes you may have your heart set on something happening because someone promised it.  Sometimes you've already planned something else because you expect the first thing will happen.  Because I have had promises broken, I am now more cautious of the promises I make.  I don't want to feel bad for not fulfilling a promise and I don't want to let anyone down.

No comments:

Post a Comment