Pages

The Dark Knight

My outlook on life wasn't always so positive.  I was just thinking about that.  Actually, a few years ago, I had a bad year.  I won't say it was just the worst because there is always someone that has it worse and you never know what the future holds.  At the time, it just seemed like a bad, hopeless year.  I had gained about 20 pounds and was just out of shape.  With that, my energy levels were low.  I had recently moved to a new location and didn't really know anyone.  I was unmotivated at work after I didn't get the promotion I had hoped for.  Financially, I was living paycheck to paycheck.  That's not suffering but it's not financially stable.  I was also lost in relationships.  Overall, nothing was going my way.  At the end of that year, my Grandma passed away.  That put the darkest cloud over my head.  I felt like I was stuck in quicksand and the more I fought, the deeper I sank.

No comments:

Post a Comment