Pages

Sidelined

The title says exactly how I feel right now...sidelined.  I'm just sitting by as things happen around me.  Literally sitting.  I guess I should give you the back story.  Yesterday, I agreed to play ultimate football with my coworkers.  I told myself I wouldn't push myself past my physical limits but once the game started, my competitive spirit took over.  I wasn't the all-star but I made great contributions to my team: some great passes and some phenomenal catches (which probably seem better in my thoughts than reality)!  About half way through the game, my lower back began to tighten and hurt.  I moved a bit slower but I still had bursts of greatness because I knew my teammates needed me.  Afterwards, my back was killing me.  I could still walk, just uncomfortably.  Then later at work, while sitting, my ankle just began to throb.  At the end of my workday, I stood up to leave and I could not put pressure on my ankle.  That is the twist in my story.  It wasn't my back that sidelined me, it was my ankle.  I guess I sprained it but I didn't realize it until later.  So now, I'm sitting here...sidelined.

2 comments:

  1. i know how you feel, i was playing baseball with my son the other day on a nice warm winter day, and almost killed myself just trying to play ball with a 5 year old...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids have endless energy, more flexibility, and heal quicker. It's hard to understand that I once possessed all those qualities and now I don't. I guess I traded them in for wisdom.

    ReplyDelete