Pages

Kissed By The Sun

I knew the sun well.  She was always outside and I was more of an inside person.  When I went outside, I would acknowledge her and extend a courteous greeting.  She would return a warm greeting.  When I drove my car, I could see her watching me but her presence was calmed by the air conditioning.  Sometimes I turned off the AC and drove with my windows down.  There were times when I ignored the sun while resting my arm on the door.  She gently let me know she was there by lightly touching my arm.  If I continued to ignore her charm, she persisted until the heat was too much and I was forced to pull my arm away.  This wasn't the relationship I wanted; she was too pushy.  But somehow, one day, my feelings changed.  I decided to go to the beach.  I walked outside but she wasn't there...only dark clouds.  I had packed my beach gear for a nice day but she didn't show up.  Was she no longer smitten with me?  I drove around for an hour with my windows down.  Finally, I felt her faint touch on my arm.  Then it became more pronounced.  I looked up and she was back.  We went to the beach and I laid with her.  She watched over me and I felt so comfortable with her.  I fell asleep, for what seemed like a moment.  She woke me from my slumber with a kiss.  It was hot! Oh God, it was hot!  Too hot!  I jumped up, scolded her, and ran away.  For days, I stayed inside and avoided her.  I cursed her as my skin itched uncomfortably and eventually peeled.  My friends tell me often how nice the sun is, but I am too familiar with her.  She brought me pain.  Our relationship will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment