Pages

Reality Check

I have been working hard lately in many different areas of my life, reaching various milestones.  I thought I had everything under control with the perfect balance...but that wasn't reality.  I didn't realize it until my boss gave me a small task and I failed at it.  Sometimes, all it takes is one moment to change your entire perspective.  In that moment, I had to take a look in the mirror and ask myself the difficult questions.  Am I meeting the work expectations of my boss?  Am I meeting the expectations set by me?  I'm always tougher on myself than my boss could ever be.  Like I said earlier, I have been working hard lately in many different areas.  Perhaps, I lost focus on work.  It is possible since I shifted my priorities recently.  So now, I must ask myself a tougher question.  Am I ready to once again focus on work?  The truth is the answer to that question is not as simple as it once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment