Pages

Give and Take

There are a lot of times when I am self centered; I focus only on my wants and needs.  In any relationship, whether a friendship or a romantic relationship, you have to be considerate of the other person.  That person may like to spend time with you because of the qualities that you bring to the relationship but you should not bring selfishness into the relationship.  Sure, there will be times when you are selfish because you really want to have it your way.  You can't be selfish all the time or even make it seem like something normal in your relationship if you want longevity.  If you value the relationship, you will value that person's thoughts and opinions as well as you own.  If you create the relationship, the other person must have qualities that you like and enjoy.  I try to keep that in mind so that any time I'm riding the line on being too selfish, I can make the corrections before I damage the relationship.  Even riding the line is probably cutting it too close.  I just try to remember...in any relationship, there has to be Give and Take.  May all your relationships be positive, long lasting relationships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment